10 January 2014

Timekeeping with La Mer Timepieces


About two weeks ago i ordered 2 watches from La Mer Collections and today finally a mailman stopped by with a little package sent from the US. I must say that i think that it is a fairly quick delivery, considering Christmas and New years was during those weeks and the whole world seems to stop time for those days.

Something short about La Mer Collections. La Mer was founded in 2001 by Martine Ilana after taking a year off from her design studies to travel to Africa and Asia. Her journeys inspired her to design these beautiful leather wrap watches. Every leather wrap watch is hand assembled.

Now back to the watches i received today. I am the lucky owner now of these two beauties.

  

I think it's always a bit tricky to purchase items like these from the web as pictures are always touched up a bit and the real thing can be a bit disappointing. However i was pleasantly surprised when i opened the two boxes they were stored in. The leather straps are light and soft. I was a bit worried that the chains on the watch were to heavy for my comfort, but it doesn't bother me while wearing. To me the watches are both elegant and casual. I can wear them to bling up my office outfit, but also with a t-shirt and jeans.

Retail prices in Europe are between € 100,- and € 200,-. However it's worth it to sign up for the newsletter of La Mer Collections. Not only do you receive a 20% discount coupon for your first order, you will also be informed when there is a sale. That is how i got informed by an online sample sale and could afford myself not one but TWO watches. Each watch was $ 40,- excl. shipping fee to Europe.

Go to www.lamercollections.com to check out the full collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment