20 January 2014

ROCK STARLETS ~ Gwen Stefani for OPI


Like so many OPI is also one of my fav nailpolish brands. A quick dry guarantee and most of the time not more than 2 layers needed. After having the Mariah Carey collection it was a nice surprise when OPI announced a collaboration with Gwen Stefani. What comes to mind when I think of Gwen Stefani? Definitely a fashion icon. The pale skin with the popping red signature lipstick. A real power woman with an edge. So I was really curious what the collection would look like and eager to try them.

There are 7 colours to choose from. 1) Over & over A-Gwen, 2) In true Stefani fashion, 3) Push and Shove, 4) Love.Angel.Music.Baby, 5) I Sing in Color, 6) Hey Baby, 7) 4 in the morning.
The last four I got in a mini package and so those are the ones I could make swatches of.

So let's kick of with "I Sing in Color". A deep wine red colour. If you only put on one layer it is more of a purple-ish colour. I really like deep/dark red colours. Especially in the winter. This one has a nice finish. I had put on 2 layers, but maybe it was better to get 3.
    I Sing in Color



Next up "Hey baby". A hot pink one. Really nice for in the summer. Covers with one layer.
Hey Baby
      

"4 in the morning" has a mat satin finish. If you use the colour "Suzi skis in the Pyrenees" with the Mat Topcoat, you'll have a somewhat similar result. But this one is easier to 's apply and has a nicer finish. I have used 3 layers to get this result.
  4 in the Morning
And last but definitely not least, my favourite of the bunch "Love.Angel.Music.Baby". A gold satin finish. I was thinking this one could also pass for a liquid sand polish, but no... this is no liquid sand polish. It is much softer and less.... sandy I guess. It's a classy one.
    
Love.Angel.Music.Baby

In the end I like the colours so far. Curious to how the other three look like. So when I have them will make swatches again. Let's finish with Gwen Stefani did not disappoint me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment