18 January 2014

My Rituals winter helps

Each season has its pros and cons. I love both the warm and cold seasons. I think I am one of the few people in this country who misses the winter when it's summer. Don't get me wrong, I love being in the sun and the outdoorsy life that comes along with that. Those long summer days and happy people everywhere. However I also love the weather here in the winter when it can be just below or above zero degrees, no clouds in the air and a full speed ahead sun in your face. Kinda fooling yourself that when you take a deep breath it's all fresh air....

But!.... my skin hates winter.Although the winter has been very kind to us here in Holland this year it feels tight and dry. Especially my cheeks, hands and lips. What to use for my face I am still trying to figure out. But for my hands and lips I like using the products from Rituals. In general I really like the Rituals products. I'm in L-O-V-E, Love with the showerfoams they have. For now, let's stick with the hands and lips.

Gingko's Secret, caring hand balm
This hand balm has been in their product line for a while now, but had a recent touch up in its look.
It has a sort of aluminum metallic feel to it. It consists Ginseng and Gingko Biloba.
The balm doesn't really feel like a balm, it's more of a cream. It smooths out very easily and it sinks into the skin well. Leaving the skin feeling soft and silky. The scent is rather the same. Soft and Silky. Sweet, but not overwhelming. Still fresh.
                            
I usually use it somewhere during the day, but maybe it's better to use it as a overnight hand mask.
Rituals Lip treat
At the moment this is my favorite lip balm. I take it everywhere with me. It is a caring as well as a nourishing balm because it has shea butter and eucalyptus in it. Because of the eucalyptus the scent is fresh and it feels tingly when you put it on but that gives me sort of the idea that it is doing its job. And I must say it stays on your lips for quite a while without feeling greasy.







So these are the two products that help my hands and lips through the winter.

By the way, for those who are wondering what nail polish I am wearing. It is "Oil slick" from Ciate.




No comments:

Post a Comment